2016 Humboldt County Democratic Convention
will be held at French Ford Middle School
5495 Palisade Dr., Winnemucca, NV 89445
Registration opens at: 9:30 AM
Gavel Down at 10:30 am
Resources you’ll need:
- Eventbrite Registration form
- HC Convention Agenda
- Humboldt County Convention Rules
- Preliminary—Delegate to National Convention Intention Form
- Humboldt County Central Cmtee Bylaws (PDF)
- Nevada Delegate Selection (PDF)
- Blank Resolution Form
- Blank Motion Form
2016 Humboldt County Democratic Caucuses
will be held in the following locations on
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2016
Doors open at 9:30 AM … Counts begin at 11:00 AM
- Precinct 01 …. 156 Dems …. Winnemucca Junior High School (Downtown and North of 1-80)
- Precinct 02 …. 200 Dems …. French Ford Middle School (Winnemucca N of 1-80 Corridor)
- Precinct 03 …. 191 Dems …. French Ford Middle School (Winnemucca South Middle)
- Precinct 04 …. 181 Dems …. French Ford Middle School (Winnemucca South West)
- Precinct 05 …. 169 Dems …. French Ford Middle School (Winnemucca South East)
- Precinct 06 …. 222 Dems …. Grass Valley Elementary School
- Precinct 07 …. 142 Dems …. Grass Valley Elementary School
- Precinct 08 …. 11 Dems …. Denio Rural Elementary School
- Precinct 09 …. 19 Dems …. Winnemucca Junior High School (Golconda)
- Precinct 10 …. 66 Dems …. Ft. McDermitt Reservation Facilities (McDermitt)
- Precinct 11 …. 21 Dems …. Orovada Elementary School (Orovada)
- Precinct 12 …. 11 Dems …. Paradise Valley Elementary School (Paradise Valley)
- Precinct 13 …. 42 Dems …. Winnemucca Junior High School (County North – Paradise Estates)
- Precinct 14 …. 83 Dems …. Winnemucca Junior High School (County Short North)
- Precinct 15 …. 52 Dems …. Winnemucca Junior High School (County North – Sand Dunes)
If you don’t know your precinct number, go to https://nvsos.gov/votersearch/
Fill out the form and click “Search Records” to find your precinct number.
If you want to do that over the internet, you can call the County Clerk’s office: 775-623-6343
You must be registered as a Democrat to participate in your precinct’s Democratic Caucus. Same-Day registration will be available to all anyone wishing to register as a Democrat to participate.
17 year-olds, who will be 18 by the general election on November 8, 2016, will be allowed to fully participate. They will be required to fill out a voter registration card and register as a Democrat if they have not done so already.
Participants may register to vote at the caucus. Republicans, nonpartisans and others can change registration to become a Democrat at their Precinct on Caucus day.
If you’re planning to participate and you’re not currently registered as a democrat, you can register online any time prior to the Caucus date: https://nvsos.gov/sosvoterservices/Registration/step1.aspx
NOTE: Per Republican Party rules, should a Republican change his/her registration to Democrat, s/he will NOT be able to participate in the Republican Caucus on Tuesday, February 23, 2016. The GOP Delegate rules state:
“No person shall be allowed to participate in the Presidential Preference Poll at the Precinct Meeting who does not already appear as a registered Republican on the voter rolls for that precinct not less than ten (10) days prior to the day of the meeting. Same-day registration is prohibited.”
2016 NV Delegate Selection and Dates to remember:
2016 NV Delegate Selection Plan–2015-09-22 (as of 9/22/2015)
Participation in Nevada’s delegate selection process is open to all voters who wish to participate as Democrats. [Delegate Selection Plan Section I, B.3.a]
Saturday 20 February 2016: Democratic Non-binding Precinct Viability Caucuses meet in each precinct. Each Precinct Caucus chooses delegates to County Conventions based on presidential preference (however delegates are not bound to their declared presidential preference). Voting begins at 12:00 noon PST.
- The Precinct Caucus chooses the precinct’s delegates to the County Convention of the county in which the precinct is located. While a non-binding Presidential Preference Poll is conducted during the caucuses, delegates at the Precinct Caucus level are not bound to their declared Presidential preference.
- The February 20, 2016 non-binding presidential preference caucus will open its doors for registration at 11:00 a.m. and be conducted in public venues and with limits on the amount of time allowed for candidate debates so that each caucus may be run efficiently and participants’ time respected. Caucus registration shall remain open until 12:00 p.m., at which time the viability threshold will be determined.
Saturday 2 April 2016: County Conventions convene in each county. Each County Convention chooses delegates to the Nevada State Democratic Convention. County conventions are called to order by 10:00 am PDT.
- These County Conventions choose the county’s delegates to the Nevada State Democratic Convention. While a non-binding Presidential Preference Poll is conducted during the Conventions, delegates at the County level are not bound to their declared Presidential preference.
Saturday 4 June – Sunday 5 June 2016: The Nevada State Democratic Convention convenes to choose 31 of Nevada’s 39 delegates to the Democratic National Convention. A binding Presidential Preference vote will occur by 10AM PDT on 4 June. A mandatory 15 percent threshold is required in order for a presidential contender to be allocated National Convention delegates at either the congressional district or statewide level. Presidential candidates have the right to approve their pledged delegates.
- 23 district delegates are to be allocated proportionally to presidential contenders based on the support among the delegates to the State Convention from the State’s congressional districts / counties.
DISTRICT DELEGATES ALTERNATES Males Females Total Males Females Total #1 2 3 5 1 0 1 #2 3 3 6 0 0 0 #3 3 3 6 0 1 1 #4 3 3 6 0 0 0 TOTAL 11 12 23 1 1 2
- In addition, 12 delegates are to be allocated to presidential contenders based on the support among the delegates to the State Convention as a whole.
- 7 at-large National Convention delegates and 1 at-large alternate
- 5 Pledged PLEOs
- The remaining 8 National Convention delegates consist of
- 8 Unpledged PLEO delegates:
- 6 Democratic National Committee members.
- 2 Members of Congress (1 Senator and 1 Representative).
- 0 Governors.
- 0 Distinguished Party Leaders.
These 8 delegates and will go to the Democratic National Convention officially “Unpledged”.
- 8 Unpledged PLEO delegates:
The following are links to campaigns of currently “declared” 2016 Democratic candidates:
Campaigns for President:
Campaigns for U.S. Senate:
- Catherine Cortez-Masto, former NV Atty General
Campaigns for NV-CD2:
- Chip Evans (D), Radio Show Host, Management Consultant & Democratic Activist
- Mark Amodei (R) – Incumbent, Ex-State GOP Chair, Ex-NV Sen., Ex-NV Assyman
Campaigns for NV-CD4: